Reiki is a Japanese touch therapy that promotes health through the use of energy, or ki, the life force circulating around and through all living organisms. By focusing and moving this gentle, powerful energy, the Reiki therapist enhances your body’s natural healing abilities. When energy flows evenly and freely, physical, emotional and mental health improves.
Reiki complements other healing modalities, either holistic or conventional.
During the treatment, the client lies on a massage table, fully clothed, while the practitioner’s hands are placed on or slightly above energy centres and pathways along the body. This is a very gentle and effective way to relieve physical and emotional pain. Reiki also speeds the healing process and balances the body’s energy. Reiki works on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels by restoring the lost balance of mind, body and spirit.
It is a common experience during a Reiki session to enter a calm, meditative state, experiencing deep relaxation and peace. Most people feel a profound difference after one treatment, while others may require the accumulative benefits of several sessions.
Reiki is beneficial for:
- stress reduction/perception, stress-related aliments
- depression, anxiety
- emotional balancing
- self-esteem / self-worth
- mental clarity
- problems sleeping
- pain reduction or elimination, releasing tension in the body
- maintaining general wellness
- making or handling changes in your life
- trauma, grief, loss
- pre and post surgery (relaxation before surgery, reduce recovery time, and help with pain management)
- help to reduce side effects of medications or treatments (including individuals with cancer)
- living with chronic conditions
- mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual healing
- improving immunity